Crabs are probably one of the most challenging seafood to eat, yet its meat is so irresistible that it can make your mouth water just by hearing the word. If you are tired of eating white meat after the holidays and are stuck making Thanksgiving jokes, then you will want to bookmark this article. If you want crab, but are looking for other ways to try eating it, we have gathered together a number of fried crab recipes that are a perfect main dish for a seafood entrée.
Fried Soft-Shell Crab
If you want a tangy fried crabs recipe, this will be perfect for you. It takes almost 50 minutes to prepare. The ingredients and process are elaborated below:
- Vegetable oil
- 1 packet evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- Soft-shell crabs (6 pieces)
- 1-2 teaspoons salt for seasoning
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Fresh lemons to make it tangy
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven. Pour it until you get 3 inches of depth. Now, heat it at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a bowl and add milk and egg to it. Whisk it well until you get a rich texture.
- Take the crabs and rinse them well. Now sprinkle some salt and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now dip them into the milk mixture, then coat in the flour.
- Fry it in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes. Fry until the crabs become golden brown.
- Take them out and let them drip on a rack, then drizzle with lemon for a tangy flavor.
Crab Masala Fry
A crab masala fry is a perfect combination of sweet crab meat and aromatic spices. It will give you a spicy punch on your taste buds. So, do you want to know the recipe? We have added the ingredients and process below:
As it is a spicy dish, the list of ingredients is quite long. You need the following things:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds
- Dried red chili for the red color
- 5 pieces peppercorn
- 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon smashed ginger and garlic
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon turmeric Powder
- 2 medium Jonah crabs, cut into half pieces
- 2 tablespoonFinely chopped cilantro leaves
It will take around 25 to 30 minutes to cook. Follow the steps below.
- Take a saucepan and keep it on low heat. Now, pour 1 tablespoon of oil into it. Now, add chopped onion, dried chili, ginger and garlic paste, cumin seed, cloves, coriander seeds, and peppercorns. Stir it well and cook until you get the rich and spicy fragrant. Add fennel seeds to it and turn off the heat.
- Mix all the spices well and blend them using a blender.
- Now, clean that saucepan with a paper and add remaining oil. After that, add remaining onion and fry it until it becomes golden brown. Add tomato paste, mix spices, turmeric powder and 1 cup of water to it. Stir all the spices well and heat until it starts boiling. Don’t make the gravy too thick or dry.
- Now, add crab to the gravy and cover it with a lid.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and then remove the lid to add some tomato sauce.
- After adding the sauce, stir it well and aging cover it with the lid and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now, it is ready. Sprinkle some coriander leaves to enhance its flavor and serve it with bread or rice.
If you love crab, then you must take your fried crabs and follow these recipes.