India, being a culturally variant and fervent society, is celebrating various 2018 holidays and festivals. There are four national holidays 2018 in India as we all know: Republic Day on the 26th of January, International Workers’ Day on the 1st of May, Independence Day on the 15th of August and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday on the 2nd of October.
Federal Holidays 2018 Calendar
Different States have local and its own festivals depending on prevalent religious, customs and linguistic demographics. Most of the Popular religious festivals include the Sikh festivals , for example like the Guru Nanak Jayanti and Vaisakhi occasions.; Various Hindu festivals of Makar Sankranti, Maha Shivratri, Onam, Janmashtami, Saraswati Puja, Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, Raksha Bandhan, Holi, Durga Puja, Dussehra; Different Muslim festivals of Eid ul-Fitr, Eid al-Adha, Mawlid, Muharram; Also, Buddhist festivals like Ambedkar Jayanti, Buddha Jayanti, Dhammachakra Pravartan Day and Losar; and last but not the least are the Christian festivals of Christmas and days of observances such as Good Friday are observed throughout India in huge and multiple numbers.
2018 Holidays USA Calendar
The Hindus celebrate a various and multiple number of festivals all throughout the year. Mostly Hindu festivals have one or more of religious, customs, mythological and seasonal importance. The observance of the festival, the symbolisms used and attached, and the type and intensity of celebration is different from region to region within the country itself. The list of the more popular number of hindu festivals are given below:-
- Bhogi /Lohri: This is mostly celebrated in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu. In Maharashtra it is known as bhogi whereas in Punjab it is known as lohri.
2018 Printable Calendar Template
- Makar Sankranti: This is also known as Maghi, Magh Bihu or Pongal. It is celebrated in various parts of India like Andaman and Nicobar, Arunachal Pradesh, karnatka, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar. In Assam it is celebrated as Magh Bihu, In Gujarat it is known as Uttarayan, In west Bengal and rajasthan it is celebrated as the most famous Makar Sankranti, In Himachal Pradesh it is popularly celebrated as Maghi and lastly in tamil nadu is celebrated as Pongal festival with highly customs and beliefs.
- Vishu: It is mostly practiced in parts like Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Vasant Panchami: Also known as Saraswati Puja. It is one of the most famous festivals which is celebrated in parts like Tripura, Orissa, west Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Ratha Saptami: Various parts of India like Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka do celebrate this wonderful festival in a very religious procedure.
- Maha Shivaratri: This is mostly done in places like andhar Pradesh,chattisgarh, assam, bihar, chandigarh,Gujarat,Haryana, himachal Pradesh, jammu and Kashmir,karnatka,kerala,and many more.
Calendar with Holidays 2018
The list of few sikh holidays are also given below:
- Guru Gobind Singh Ji Gurupurab: Mostly done in places like chandigarh, himachal Pradesh and Punjab.
- The most famous festival of Punjab is Martyrdom Of Guru Arjun Dev Ji.
- Vaisakhi: It is celebrated in Andaman and nicobar, assam, chandigarh, chattisgarh, delhi, Gujarat and many more such places.
- Guru Nanak Gurupurab: It is also done in west ebngal, Orissa, Mizoram, Andaman and nicobar,etc.
Now, we come to the Islamic holidays 2018 and Federal Holidays 2018. Mostly all the Islamic festivals are celebrated in all states and territories. Festivals like day of shura,mawlid,birthday of ali ibn abi talib is celebrated in uttar pradesh and bihar.shab-e-barat,eid-ul-fitr, eid-e-ghadeer and eid-al-adha are also being celebrated all over India.
2018 Calendar with Holidays
Coming to all the christain holidyays:
- Holiday of obligation ,is observed in all states and territories .
- Christmas day being celebrated on the 25th of December while the Boxing day is celebrated on the 26th of December which is observed only in Telangana. And, on the 30th of December is the feast of the holy family.
- Easter Sunday is also one of the most famous festivals of the Christians. It is basically on the 16th of april.
- All saint’s day and all soul’s day are celebrated on the 1st of November and 2nd of November respectively.
- Feast of the blessed virgin happens to be on the 8th of September.
Holidays of the Buddhists are as follows:
Ambedkar Jayanti, Buddha Purnima, Dharma chakra Pravartan day which is done only in Maharashtra, and Losar which is done in Sikkim and ladakh. The Jain holidays include the Mahavir Jayanti and the paryushan. The Parsee(zoroastrian holidays): So, basically the parsis uses a shahenshahi calender. The parsi new year is cleberated in Gujarat,Pondicherry, maharshtra and Punjab. Ravidassia holidays include guru ravidas Jayanti which is observed in places like chandigarh,Haryana,himachal Pradesh.
Public holidays in Ukraine 2018
New year’s day is celebrated on 1st January. On the 7th of januray is Christmas. Independence day is on august 24th. Constitution day is on june 28th.
Public Holidays in Australia 2018
Public holidays in Australia are actually a mixture of two most important things. These are : statutes and industrial awards and agreements.
If by any chance the standard public holidays fall on a weekend, a replacement of public holiday will at times be observed on the first non-weekend day (mostly it is Monday) after the weekend, whether by virtue of the public holiday legislation or by the ad hoc proclamation. If any worker is required to work on a public holiday or replaced any public holiday at any point of time, then , they will usually be entitled to be paid at a holiday penalty rate.
Public holidays in Canada 2018
Holidays here are known as statutory holidays or general public holidays or normally stats. Basically, there are five general public holidays and six extra holidays for the employees. Mostly all firms and offices and also school systems specially gives off at the end of December because of Christmas eve and new year’s eve. There are also cultural holidays like mother’s day, father’s day holiday as a type and also a belief of Canadian culture.
There are also municipal holidays in Canada and so civic holidays. Civic holidays are those where the employees are paid on holiday basis. The civic holiday is mostly on the 1st Monday of August month.