Creating this turkey cheeseball recipe will yield a savory and delicious appetizer for your family or guests. You might have already tried this recipe. It is also known as Thanksgiving cheeseball. It is easy and fun to make and we have added the recipes here.
Turkey Cheese Ball
The ingredients and directions for making this dish are outlined below.
Well, you need the following ingredients:
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese.
- 4 tablespoon softened butter.
- 6 ounces goat cheese.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/3 cup chopped chives.
- ¾ cup chopped parsley.
- 1 sprig thyme; stem must be removed.
- Kosher salt.
- Grounded black pepper.
You need the following items in order to decorate your dish:
- ¼ cup pecan halves.
- Yellow and red bell peppers.
- White and orange carrots.
The method is elaborated below:
- Take a medium-sized bowl and mix butter, garlic powder, goat cheese, and crème cheese very well. Mix them until you get a smooth texture. After that, add parsley, thyme leaves, and chives to it and stir them well. Season the mixture with pepper and salt. Now, form a large ball using this mixture.
- In order to make the turkey body, you need to take pecan halves. After that, put them into the food processor so that you get a finely chopped version. Now, roll the cheese ball in the chopped pecan and keep it aside for 1 hour so that it gets a sturdy structure.
- In order to give it a well-decorated look, you can use multi-colored carrots. You can make turkey tail and feet using the carrots and for the face, you can cut the red-colored bell pepper into a triangle and attach it to the body using a toothpick. For making the beak, you can use a slice of yellow bell pepper and attach it to the face of turkey.
- Finally, your dish is ready and you can serve it with crackers.
Simple Turkey Cheese Ball
If you are looking for a simple turkey cheese ball recipe, you can go with this. Check out the ingredients and method mentioned below:
The ingredients are as follows:
- 8 ounces crème cheese.
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese.
- 1 ounce Ranch-style dressing mix.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Wheat crackers
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients except crackers and pecans very well. After achieving a smooth texture, form a large ball using the mixture.
- Now, take another bowl and pour chopped pecans onto it. After that, roll the cheese ball upon the chopped pecans and then, keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Your cheese ball is ready. Now, for the decoration, you can attach crackers to the cheese ball.
So, these are some simple recipes and we hope that you would definitely try these.