There is no doubt that the taste of sword fish kabobs cannot be beaten. The problem is that cooking sword fish is tough, and not handling it the right way can dramatically affect the taste.
However, that doesn’t mean it needs to be complex. Quite the opposite, in fact. Many seafood dishes are best when cooked simply.
Below, we are going to show you two simple recipes for sword fish kabobs that don’t take too long to cook and only require a few ingredients.
Zesty Sword Fish Kabobs
The taste of fish is enhanced when it is grilled. Based on this concept, this zesty sword fish kabob recipe is best when you have access to a grill and the following ingredients.
To make zesty sword fish kabobs, you need the following items:
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary.
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind.
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoon grated orange rind.
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice.
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger.
- 2 tablespoon honey.
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- 1 to 4 tablespoon black pepper.
- 5 chopped garlic cloves.
- 1 pound sword fish (cut into small pieces.)
- 3 to 4 cups finely sliced green onions.
- 12 slices of red bell pepper.
- Cooking spray.
- Mix all the spices along with the fish in a plastic bag and seal it. Now keep it for 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Prepare the grill.
- Grill the fish with the green onions for 8 to 10 minutes. After that, sprinkle with black pepper and salt, and your dish is ready to serve.
Lemon Pepper Grilled Sword Fish Kabobs
The following is another delicious recipe that you can cook at home. The ingredients and process are elaborated on below:
The ingredients are as follows:
- 2 sword fish steaks.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest.
- 2 tablespoon pepper.
- 1 to 2 tablespoon anchovy paste.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme.
- 8 wooden skewers.
- 2 lemon wedges.
We have elaborated the process below:
- Cut the pieces of fish into slices and put them into a plastic bag and add the lemon zest, thyme, anchovy paste, black pepper, and olive oil. Massage the bag very well and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the grill to medium heat and place a pan over it.
- Grill each side of the sword fish pieces for 2 minutes. Transfer the pieces onto a plate and drizzle with lemon juice for tanginess.
Sometimes, the taste of the dish depends upon the quality of the sword fish. Make sure that you use high-quality sword fish.