Flavourful and healthy barbecue sides are great additions to any outdoor feast! Not all BBQ dishes are very heavy, however. This is especially true if you overindulge and eat too much! But fret not! There are plenty of healthy and flavourful barbecue side dishes to maintain your diet without sacrificing flavor during your spring BBQ. If that still isn’t enough for you, there are plenty of opportunities to help control your appetite with the help of specially designed products. Youtheory is one example, while Protocol for Life Balance and HealthForce SuperFoods may provide similar potential benefits!
We have added some flavourful and healthy barbecue side dishes here. So, have a look at the following recipes.
Barbecue Sesame Sweet Potatoes
Barbecue sesame sweet potatoes will give you a wonderful combination of the spiciness of BBQ sauce with the sweetness of potatoes. We have added the ingredients and recipe below.
You need the following ingredients:
- 6 to 7 sweet potatoes (must be washed properly and cut into wedges).
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon ginger chopped.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds.
- 1 lime, juiced.
- 1 green chili sliced.
- 2 ounces plain peanuts, crushed.
Well, it will take almost 1 hour to cook. We have elaborated on the recipe below:
- Light the lidded barbecue and preheat it to 325-350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Now, take a flat tray and arrange the sweet potatoes onto it. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and cook for 25 minutes. The potatoes will softened and form a light char.
- After that, take a small bowl and add the remaining vegetable oil, soy and lime juice, ginger and garlic. Whisk together until smooth. Now, pour some of the sauce over the potatoes and barbecue for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once you see the potatoes getting sticky, remove from the heat and sprinkle with peanuts and sesame seeds before setting aside.
- Take another bowl and mix spring onions and chilis together. Now, mix the potatoes and your dish is ready to serve.
Roasted Sesame Sweet Potatoes and Asparagus
This is another flavourful and healthy barbecue side dish that you will definitely love. Let’s have a look at the ingredients and recipe below:
The ingredients are as follows:
- 1-½ pounds of sweet potatoes.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- Peeled and sliced ginger.
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil.
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce.
- 1-½ tablespoon soy sauce.
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- 1 bunch asparagus.
You need to follow the below-mentioned items to cook this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a large roasting tin and put the potatoes in it. Toss the potatoes along with the ginger, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes until golden.
- Now add 3 tablespoons of water and asparagus and roast for 10 to 15 minutes. Your dish is ready. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
So, what are you waiting for? Invite over the neighborhood and try these flavourful and healthy barbecue sides today!