There is no alternative to deer meat in terms of taste. The taste of venison is enhanced when it is cooked with red chilies. In this article, we are going to tell you some fresh and flavourful deer meat chili recipe. So, have a look at the following points:
If you are looking for a tasty yet straightforward deer meat chilli dish that you can store in the refrigerator and reheat whenever you want, this recipe is perfect for you. We have added the ingredients below.
- 1 pound ground deer meat or venison.
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion.
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper.
- 4 minced garlic cloves.
- 1 cup chopped and seeded jalapeno pepper.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 1 cup diced tomatoes.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth.
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or you can even use tomato paste.
- 15-ounce drained and rinsed red kidney beans.
- Cooking spray oil.
The process is simple, but it takes about 1 hour to prepare.
- Step 1: Take a small Dutch oven and set to medium-high heat. After that, coat the pan with cooking spray and cook the venison for 3 minutes or until it gets browned. Now, remove it from the pan and cover it with a lid so that it can keep warm.
- Step 2: In another oven, set it to medium heat. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, and onion, and cook it for 10 minutes. To enhance the tenderness, stir frequently. After that, add chili powder, salt, and other spices, and stir it. Add diced tomatoes, venison, tomato paste, chicken broth, and stir to mix very well. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes. Uncover and add red kidney beans to cook another 15 minutes. Your dish is ready to serve.
Texas Deer Chilli
Texas deer chilli is another unique, as well as tasty, deer meat chilli recipe that you must try. We have added the ingredients and process below. it below:
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 pounds of venison
- 1 chopped large onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 ounce diced green Chile peppers
- 15 ounce kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- ½ tablespoons salt
- 1-½ tablespoons paprika
This one takes a bit longer to cook, up to 4 to 5 hours.
- Take a large skillet and set it to medium heat. After that, spray vegetable oil and add onion, garlic, venison, and all the spices to it. Stir it well for 15 minutes and then transfer it to a cooker and add beef broth, oregano, salt, paprika. After that, stir all the items very well and cook on medium heat for 4 to 5 hours. Your dish is ready to serve.
These deer meat chilli recipes are sure to delight even the most seasoned meat eater. If you aren’t a fan of deer meat, you may want to consider swapping it out for pork loin. Give these recipes a try and see if venison becomes your new favorite meat.