Who does not love crunchy French fries? You can deep fry them, but when they are grilled, they get crunchy and take on a few crispy grill lines. Curious about trying to make it yourself? In this article, we are going to tell you about a barbeque French fries recipe and a dipping sauce you should try.
French Fries on the Grill
Summer is coming, and it is a season that stimulates our appetite for French fries. Well, if you are looking for a quick barbeque French fries recipe, this will be ideal for you. So, have a look at the ingredients and recipe below:
You need the following ingredients:
- 14 ounce frozen French fries.
- 6 slice American cheese.
- 1 tablespoon of butter.
- ¼ cup of chopped chives.
- ½ pound bacon or you can use homemade bacon bits.
- Ketchup, pickle juice (1 teaspoon,) and mayonnaise for making French fry dipping sauce.
French fries on the grill take around 25 minutes to cook.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and mix the frozen French fries with melted butter.
- Take three aluminum foil sheets and place an equal number of fries on each sheet. Wrap the fries but make a hole on top so that steam can escape.
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat and place the wrapped French fries over it. Now cover it with the lid and cook the French fries for at least 10 to 12 minutes. After that, set them aside.
- Place an iron skillet over the grill and pour the bacon chunks on top. After that, cook until they get a crispy texture. Now, drain the oil and keep them on a plate.
- Now take those wrapped French fries and put two slices of cheese along with bacon on top of the fries. Cook them over the grill for another five to six minutes, and your dish is ready.
For making the French fry dipping sauce, take a bowl and pour the ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickle juice into it. After that, stir until smooth, then your French fry dipping sauce is ready.