Well, you are probably acquainted with the fact that the taste of pressure cooking ribs is mind-blowing. But, you might be surprised to know that it is super simple to cook beef ribs in a pressure cooker, and it not only makes the dish rich in flavor but also adds tenderness to it. Therefore, in this article, we are going to tell you some excellent pressure cooking beef ribs recipe. Have a look at the following points:
Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker Bone-In Beef Short Ribs
It is one of the simple dishes that you can cook at home. The ingredients and process are mentioned below:
The ingredients are as follows:
- 4 pounds beef short ribs.
- Black pepper and salt for seasoning.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- 2 finely chopped bacon slices.
- 1 finely chopped large onion.
- 3 pressed or minced garlic cloves.
- 1 to 2 cups red wine.
- 1 cup beef broth and it must be sodium-free.
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste.
- 1 tablespoon corn starch.
- 1 tablespoon water.
- Pre-prepared spicy noodles or mashed creamy potatoes for serving.
The process for making this dish is relatively simple.
- Season the short ribs gently with pepper and salt. Now, take a pressure cooking pot and preheat it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. After that, add vegetable oil until hot, then fry the short ribs one by one. Fry until brown, and after that, remove them to a plate.
- Now, take bacon slices and add them to the pressure cooking pot. After that, fry them until they become crisp as well as brown. After that, stir them frequently until they become brown (you have to cook them for at least 5 minutes for getting the brown color). Now, add onion to pressure cooking pot and cook them for 3 minutes, and after that, add minced garlic to it and mix them well and cook them for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now, take another cooking pot and add red wine to it, stir them very well and cook for 2 minutes. After that, add beef broth along with it. Add tomato paste and then mix all the items very well, and after that, add accumulated ribs juice and pre-cooked ribs to the cooking pot. Stir all the items very well, and after that, cover the cooking pot with the lid.
- Cook it for another 40 to 50 minutes, then release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Remove the ribs and put them into a plate. Wrap them with a foil to keep them warm. Remove the fat from the rib juice using a fat separator.
- Take a small bowl and that juice and corn starch. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes to make it extremely thick.
- Now, pour the thick gravy over the ribs, and your dish is ready to serve.
This dish requires only a little prep-work, but it is incredibly delicious! Not a fan of beef ribs? Check out these recipe ideas for pork rib tips.