Christmas is coming and therefore, it is the right time to cook delicious dishes at home. Glazed smoked ham is one of the most delicious dishes that you can have in Christmas. If you don’t know how to cook this, you will not have to worry. We have added the juicy Christmas Honey- glazed smoked ham recipe here.
Glazed Smoked Ham With Brown Sugar Mustard
The ingredients and process are explained below.
You need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds of ham.
- ½ cup unsalted butter.
- ½ cup water.
- ½ cup honey.
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- ¼ tablespoon ground cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- ¼ tablespoon ground cloves.
- 4 smashed garlic cloves.
Well, you will have to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- First of all, you will have to preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the plastic packaging from the ham and cut the rind. Place the ham in a pan and keep it there at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take a baking tray and spread aluminium foil over it. Now, take the ham and place it over the baking tray. Add water to it and cover it with aluminium foil. You can also use parchment paper if you want. Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, take a saucepan and keep it over medium heat. Now, add butter to it. Melt it and then add brown sugar, mustard, cinnamon, cloves and honey. Stir all the items very well. Cook all the items for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now, reduce the heat and add garlic and mix all the items very well. You can add a little bit of water. Cook it for 2 minutes and turn off the flame. Keep it aside in room temperature.
- After 30 minutes, take it out from the oven. After that, remove the aluminium foil or parchment paper. Slice the ham using a knife and brush the top layer with butter. Now, bake it for another 15 minutes. It will add extra tenderness to the ham.
- Remove the ham and brush it with the pan juice that you have cooked and then bake it for 15 minutes. Repeat this step again. If the crust still looks pink, you will have to bake it again for 5 to 6 minutes. After that, your dish will be ready.
So, this is the recipe and we hope that you would definitely try this at home. But don’t get caught off guard when making food for the holidays. Over-indulging is easy! That’s why it is important to remember to think about your diet and exercise regime. If you need extra support to help you to control your appetite or get back in shape, take a look at some of the products offered by Enviromedica or Now Foods!