As some of us have learned, leftovers provide an amazing opportunity to turn last-night’s entree into something else. Leftover pork shoulder is such an item, and below is a look at a couple of recipes you can try if you have leftover pork shoulder.
Leftover Pork Shoulder Pie
If you are looking for a classic recipe that can give leftover pork shoulder an elegant taste, leftover pork shoulder pie will be ideal for you.
You need the following ingredients to prepare this recipe.
- 6 to 7 cups leftover pork shoulder.
- 2 cups of barbeque sauce.
- 1 cup of frozen peas.
- 2 to 3 pounds of potatoes.
- 1 cup of frozen corn.
- 2 tablespoon butter.
- 1 cup milk.
- ½ cup cheese (grated cheddar).
Leftover pork shoulder pie is very simple to make, and it only takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook. We have added the instructions below.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the potatoes and boil with water to make tender. Drain the water and add milk and butter. Now mash them well to bring a creamy texture.
- Take leftover pork shoulder and pour bbq sauce onto them. Now take a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle frozen veggies (corn and peas) on top of the pork shoulder.
- Spread creamy potatoes on top of the veggies.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top; more or less as preferred. Make sure that you have covered the top layer with cheese.
- Now put the whole thing in the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. The cheese will become brown and you will see bubbles of barbeque sauce.
You are done. Serve with red wine and a green salad.
Leftover Pork Shoulder Tacos with Black Beans
If you want something entirely different than barbeque, then using leftover pork shoulder for tacos is a delicious way to enjoy your leftover meat. If you have leftover pork tips or any other pork, feel free to substitute here.
You need the following ingredients:
- 8 or more ounces leftover pork.
- 2 lime halves.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 finely chopped red onions.
- 2 garlic cloves (must be crushed).
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder.
- 1 can black beans.
It just takes 20 to 30 minutes to cook, and we have added the recipe below so that you can make it at home:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Fahrenheit and take out the leftover pork from the fridge and roast it for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and pour 1 tablespoon oil and brush it with lime halves. Now, add all the spices and cook it for 5 to 8 minutes or until you get a spicy fragrance.
- Add black beans and squeeze some lemon juice on top. Mix well with the spices.
- Take the roasted leftover pork and mix it in. Cook for another 10 minutes and your dish is ready to serve.
So, what are you waiting for? Try these leftover pork shoulder recipes today.