Are you throwing a party? Well, then you must cook this tasty seafood boil dish. This is a heavy dish and it can take up to 1 hour to prepare this dish. If you want the perfect taste, you should know the actual process and ingredients. We have added these things here.
- 5 to 6 lb. large shrimp. Heads must be attached.
- 6 to 7 ears of corn
- 24 blue crabs and 6 to 7 Dungeness crabs
- 3 to 4 lb. red-skinned potatoes. It must be unpeeled.
- 1 tbs. of black peppercorns. It will amplify the taste.
- 1 tbs. of cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup of sea salt
- 6 oz. spicy crab boil mix
- Thickly sliced ginger pieces
- 5 bay leaves
- 12 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons. It must be quartered and unpeeled.
- 4 celery stalks
- 6 unpeeled yellow onions
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 9 quarts water
- Take a large stockpot and pour water. After that, add oil, black peppercorns, cayenne, salt, spicy crab boil mix, bay leaves, garlic, lemons, celery, and onions. Now, boil it for at least 10 minutes on a high flame.
- After that add potatoes and boil them for 5 minutes. Then, you will need to add the crabs and boil them for at least 20 minutes. Add the corn to it and boil it for the next 5 minutes.
- Next, you need to add the shrimps and boil for at least 2 minutes. After this, turn the heat off and keep the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Now, take a skimmer and retrieve those vegetables and seafood from the pot. You can serve them on a serving platter or a large parchment sheet.
- In order to crack the shells, you can use a table knife or nutcracker.
Cajun Louisiana Seafood Boil
- Spicy seafood boil
- 1 tbs. of black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup of sea salt
- 8 garlic cloves
- 6 bay leaves
- 2 lemons
- 4 to 6 celery stalks
- 5 onions
- 1/3 cup of canola oil
- 1 whole sausage. It must be cut into slices.
- 6 large red potatoes
- 3 lb. shrimp
- 3 lb. crab
- Well, take a large stockpot and fill 50% with water. Now, add all the vegetables and seasonings except potatoes, corn, crab, and shrimp. Now, boil it on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and boil them for 5 minutes. Then, add crabs to it and again boil it for 15 minutes. After this, add corn and boil it for 6 minutes.
- Finally, add the shrimp and boil for 2 minutes. After this, turn off the heat and keep it there for at least 5 to 6minutes.
- Now, your dish is ready.
So, what are you thinking? Try these recipes today.