Mutton Curry Kerala is a delicious Indian dish. You can have it at lunch during the holidays. It will infuse the heart of the non-vegetarians with joy. Well, if you have no idea how to make this dish, you will not have to be sad. Here, we have explained the mutton curry Kerala recipe.
The main ingredients that you need are mentioned below:
- 500 gm. of mutton. It must be cut into medium pieces.
- Big-sized onions. You can take two big onions that must be thinly sliced.
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 12 pieces of garlic. It must be chopped.
- Chopped ginger
- Sliced green chilies
- ¼ cup of coconut pieces. It must be sliced finely.
- ¾ tbsp. of red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. of turmeric powder
- 2 ½ tbsp. of coriander powder
- 1 pinch of pepper powder
- ½ tbsp. of garam masala
- Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp. of chopped coriander leaves
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsp. of coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- First, you need to wash the mutton pieces very thoroughly, and then, you will have to drain the water and keep the meat pieces aside.
- After this, you will have to take a pressure cooker and then, you need to add coconut oil and coconut slices. Fry them for 10 minutes and you will get slightly brown coconut.
- After this, you will have to add sliced onions and then, you need to fry it for 10 minutes. You will get a brown texture.
- After this, you will add chopped garlic, ginger, curry leaves, green chilies, and curry leaves. Fry them very well. You must follow this step as it will eliminate the raw smell.
- Now, you will have to add chopped tomatoes and then, you need to cook it for another 5 minutes. The tomatoes will be soft and you need to smash them well.
- Then, you will have to add garam masala, pepper powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder. Mix them very well.
- After that, you will have to add meat pieces. Mix it with other ingredients very well. After this, you will have to add salt and water. Now, mix them very well.
- Now, you will have to close the pressure cooker and cook it until you hear the sounds of three whistles. After the whistles, you will have to put the flame low and then, you will keep it on low flame for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, the mutton will be finely cooked and you can remove the pressure cooker from heat.
- Your dish will be ready.