The sandwich is something that is difficult to ignore when hunger creeps in. A sandwich is one of the best items for any time of day, like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When it comes to the Mediterranean sandwich, we cannot ignore it. The roasted Mediterranean sandwich has its uniqueness, and you will never find such a taste in other sandwiches. This is why we have come up with a Mediterranean sandwich recipe. So, don’t miss to go through the following points.
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwich
The grilled Mediterranean vegetable sandwich is one of the delicious sandwich recipes, and it will provide you with a lot of energy. You are also free to customize as you want! When building your sandwich, you will want to choose healthy vegetables and other additions to help you to hit your nutritional goals each day! If you are still unsure if you are getting enough nutrients, try Nutri-Dyn, Premier Research Labs, and Nutritional Frontiers.
If you want to make the sandwich, check out the recipes below.
You need the following ingredients:
- 1 eggplant and it must be sliced into strips.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 red bell peppers.
- 2 sliced portobello mushrooms.
- 3 to 5 crushed garlic cloves.
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- 1 pound loaf focaccia bread.
Well, the preparation time is 20 minutes, whereas the overall cooking time is 40 minutes. You don’t need to be an expert in cooking to make this item. We have elaborated on the process below. So have a look!
- First, preheat an oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the red bell peppers and eggplant. Brush them with the olive oil. After that, place them over a baking sheet and start roasting them. You have to roast it until it becomes tender. It will take almost 25 minutes to roast the eggplant. After that, roast the bell peppers. You will have to roast it until it becomes dark. After roasting the eggplant and the black peppers, keep them aside to lower the temperature.
- Now take a large skillet and pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into it. Spread the oil very well. After that add the mushrooms. Stir them very well so that the mushroom pieces become tender. Then, add garlic, mayonnaise, and mix them very well. Stir until you get a soft texture.
- Then, take focaccia slices and spread the mayonnaise mixture over it. After that add the roasted peppers and eggplant. You have to peel them before adding them. Now, cover the focaccia slice with another slice and wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap. You can cut the sandwich into two pieces and serve them with canned foods.
This is the Mediterranean sandwich recipe, and we hope that this article would be helpful for you.