Had salmon quiche at a restaurant or at a friend’s place and cannot seem to get enough of it? Well, you have made the right stop. Get up, get shopping, and get started on this simple but tasty salmon quiche recipe.
14 3/4 ounces canned salmon
1/2 cup onion, minced
a quarter-cup of lemon juice
1 and a half tablespoons butter
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tsp. black pepper, or white pepper
- Assemble the ingredients and preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes. Remove and set it to cool on a cooling rack. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees
- 1/4 cup of the juice from the fish should be saved while draining the salmon. Remove the bones and skin from the fish.
- After the pastry has cooled, top it with the salmon and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the onion is transparent. Place the onions on top of the salmon and top with parsley.
- Whisk the eggs with the reserved salmon juice, salt, pepper, and milk. Pour the sauce over the salmon.
- Bake the quiche for 40 to 45 minutes, or until firm, at 350 degrees F. Before slicing and serving, transfer the salmon quiche to a cooling rack and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve this salmon quiche while it is hot with a tossed salad.