There are different ways through which you can smoke a goose or duck, but this recipe is specifically designed for cooking wild duck. You don’t have to use wild duck, but it is recommended. We have added the ingredients and recipe below. Don’t forget to go through them.
You need the following ingredients:
- 1 large duck.
- Thick maple syrup.
Patience is the key to making this dish delicious. It takes 4 hours to cook. We have added the steps below.
- Make the whole duck salty by pouring saltwater inside the cavity. After that, cover the outside of the duck with maple syrup. Then, sprinkle a good amount of salt over it.
- Now, keep the duck in the smoker and keep a pan underneath.
- In order to make the skin crispy, you need to grill it at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 16 minutes.
- After that, smoke it for 3-1/2 hours at 270 to 280 degrees Fahrenheit over pecan wood.
- Don’t forget to baste the bird with maple syrup every hour.
- When it is completely smoked, set it aside and let it cool.
- Now the dish is ready, and you can serve it with lentils.
While there is a good deal of nutrition to be found in the above recipe, you may want to think about supplementing your meal with superfood formulas. Enzymedica, Amazing Grass, and Now Foods all offer products that may help to fill nutritional gaps each day.
Maple Smoked Duck Breasts
If you are looking for a delicious roasted duck recipe with maple flavor, this will be ideal for you. We have added the ingredients and recipe below. So, check them out:
The ingredients are as follows:
- Boneless duck breasts with skin.
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt.
- 2 tablespoon cracked black pepper.
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup.
- Maple wood chips.
The recipe is elaborated below:
- Season the duck breasts inside and outside with black pepper and salt. Now, place it into a shallow dish and cover the outside with maple syrup. After that, keep it in the refrigerator for 24 hours so that it gets well-marinated.
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit using wood chips.
- Now, take the duck breasts and rinse well. Take a knife and make cross-hatch marks over the skin. Again, brush it with maple syrup and smoke it for 4 hours at 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After that, let it cool to room temperature and your dish is ready. Cut it into slices and serve it.
So, these are some smoked wild duck recipes and we hope that you would definitely enjoy these. If you are looking for other wild game to serve at dinner, then try this deer meat chilli recipe.