Spring has arrived, and therefore, it is the time when people go for outdoor dining. Well, there are different recipes that you can try while you are on outdoor spring dining. But, if you are looking for a perfect dish for outdoor dining, we will recommend you to go with roasted pheasant because of its dynamic taste. If you don’t have the recipe, you don’t need to worry as we have come up with some roasted pheasant recipes for you.
It is one of the most delicious recipes that you can cook outdoors. It goes very well with guinea fowl, partridge, and chicken. We have added the ingredients and method below. So, don’t forget to check them:
You need the following ingredients:
- 2 tied pheasants.
- 1 tablespoon well-seasoned plain flour.
- 50 milliliters vegetable oil.
- 2 streaky smoked bacon.
- 8 peeled shallots.
- 2 peeled carrots.
- 2 peeled parsnips.
- 1 peeled garlic clove.
- 1 thyme sprig.
- 2 bay leaves.
- 1 marjoram sprig.
- 100 milliliters sweet sherry.
- 50 milliliters red wine.
- 1 teaspoon caste sugar.
- 200 milliliters chicken stock.
- Bread sauce.
The method is elaborated below:
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the tied pheasants and dust them with flour.
- Take a flameproof dish and heat the oil. After that, fry the pheasants until the skins become brown. Now remove them from the dish.
- Now you have to fry all the vegetables along with bacon in the same dish for at least five minutes. Then, put the fried pheasants into the dish and pour the chicken stock, wine, and sugar upon it.
- Cook it for 1 hour and 30 minutes and your dish is ready.
- Serve with bread sauce.
Roast Pheasant With Ricotta And Parma Ham
If you want a Sunday-special dish that you can enjoy the outdoor, this will be perfect for you. So, go through the ingredients and method mentioned below:
The ingredients are as follows:
- 2 oven-ready pheasants; they must be washed as well as dried.
- 90 grams Parma ham.
- 140 grams ricotta.
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaf and along with it, take some sprigs.
- 3 grated parmesan.
- 150 milliliters dry vermouth.
- Olive oil.
The method is described below:
- Take a bowl and mix ricotta, chopped ham, parmesan, and thyme. Apply to the contour of the chicken breasts. You can also poke the skin with the sprigs of thyme in order to add extra flavor.
- Add to a roasting dish and add the remaining ham on either side. Season with pepper and keep them over the vermouth. After that, drizzle some oil onto the pheasants.
- Then roast them for at least 60 minutes at 320 degrees Fahrenheit and frequently pat with pan juices. Cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes.
- Your dish is now ready, and you can serve it fried potatoes.
So, these are some recipes, and we hope that you would definitely love it.