So, you are approaching the upcoming Thanksgiving feast, and you want to keep healthy eating a priority. Stocking up on supplements from Amazing Grass and Source Naturals might be a good way to start, but what recipes will you use for the actual meal?
Are you a vegetarian and looking for a perfect Thanksgiving recipe? Then, this Vegetarian Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe will be ideal for you. The key ingredient of this dish is seitan. It is juicy, meaty and you can roast it to get the ultimate taste. If you do not know what seitan is, well, it is a kind of wheat gluten. You will get a very chewy texture and the good thing is that you can add any flavor to it. Thus, you can achieve a meat-like taste. Anyway, here, we will be talking about the Vegetarian Thanksgiving Turkey recipe.
The main ingredients that you need are added below:
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 cup of vegan broth
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. refined coconut oil
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup of wheat gluten
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
For making basting liquid, you need the following:
- ¼ tbsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup of broth
Here, we will be explaining the process. So, read on the following points:
- First, you need to take a food processor and then, add onion powder, garlic powder, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, poultry seasoning, broth, and chickpeas.
- Now, you need to blend them all. You should blend them for at least 30 seconds. Then, you will get a thick liquid.
- Now, take a glass bowl and pour the liquid into it. After that, you will have to sprinkle gluten flour over it. Then, you need to fold it in a silicone spatula.
- After that, you will have to use the remaining flour. You can sprinkle the remaining portion over it and at the same time, you will have to keep folding it. If you see that it becomes firm, then, you need to make dough.
- After making the dough, you will have to wrap it in plastic and then, keep it aside for hours.
- Now, you can give it a ‘turkey’ shape. Then, you need to steam this vegan turkey for 1 hour. Well, it will become ready to eat but, we will suggest you to add more flavour.
In order to make it tastier, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, you will have to preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Then, you will have to place the steamed item in the baking dish.
- Add all those things that you have taken for making basting liquid. After that, bake it for 30 minutes and your dish will be ready.
So, this is how you can make Vegetarian Thanksgiving Turkey. Try it now.