Winter is coming and so, it will be the right time for Venison Chili. Well, this is a very delicious and hearty dish and it is perfect for the cold season. Anyway, if you do not know how to make this delicious dish, you will not have to worry. Here, we have explained it.
The key ingredients are as follows:
- Bell pepper. You can also use zucchini, corn, celery, or carrots as a substitute.
- Chili powder
- Kidney beans
- Canned tomatoes
The process is very simple. You will have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, you will have to take a Dutch oven. Well, you can also take a stockpot. Now, pour the required amount of oil and then put it on medium heat.
- It will start shimmering. Now, you need to add onions, chili powder, bell pepper, oregano, cumin powder, Chipotle chili powder, pepper, salt, and coriander powder. Mix them very well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now, you will have to add vegetables. You need to cook the vegetables for at least 10 minutes. It will become soft.
- Add garlic powder and stir for 1 minute. After that, you will have to add venison and cook. You will have to cook it until the pink texture disappears. You will have to cook it for at least 5 minutes to get the pink colour disappeared.
- After this, you will have to add tomato puree, tomatoes, bay leaf, and kidney beans. You need to mix them very well. Now, you will have to cook it for another 10 minutes and it will start shimmering. Well, after this, you will have to cover it with a lid and then, you need to cook it for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, you will have to remove the lid and then, you will have to keep it on the heat for another 30 minutes.
- Your dish is almost ready. Now, you need to add pepper and salt to enhance the taste. Serve your dish with sour cream, scallions, and shredded cheese.
There is another homemade recipe that you can try. We have explained it below.
The ingredients that you need are as follows:
- Venison meat
- Coriander powder
- Garlic powder
- Chopped onions and carrots
- Tomato puree
- Chili powder
Well, the process is very simple. First, you will have to heat the oil and then, you will have to add spices and vegetables. Fry them well and then, you need venison meat. Cook it for 30 minutes and then cover the skillet with a lid and cook for another 30 minutes. Your dish will be ready.
So, these are some homemade venison chili crockpot recipes.